Today on 🥯 Bagel Bots, we’re discussing:
🤯 A new place to network and make friends!
⚡️ Fresh tech of the day - Rabbit
📰 The latest AI and tech news
🤖 Cool new apps for you to check out
🇯🇵 Learn a new language with ChatGPT
💯 My tips for having an amazing 2024
(Read time: five minutes) - Fun fact: I never change this.
Happy New Year! Our first email of 2024 is extremely long. Email me if you hate (or love) the length of this email.
BIG NEWS: We started a LinkedIn Group for the Bagel Bots community! Why join?
Exclusive Content: Stay ahead of the curve with our handpicked news, insightful guides, and thought-provoking discussions.
Learn and Grow: Dive into our resources to demystify AI and leverage it professionally and personally.
Networking Opportunities: Connect with like-minded individuals, industry leaders, and AI enthusiasts from diverse backgrounds.
Inspirational Ideas: Share and discover innovative ways AI is used across various fields.
Engaging Discussions: Participate in lively conversations, Q&As, and brainstorming sessions with our community members.
Supportive Environment: Our group is a safe and welcoming space for everyone to learn, share, and grow.
I may need to send cool stuff to early adopters of the group! I am looking forward to meeting all of you.
🔗 You can join the group here.
In one week, Rabbit is launching new tech that I am very excited about. While many companies are working hard to build AI-powered UI to later on to software and connect with LLMs, Rabbit has the best marketing I have seen yet. And hey, I’m a marketing guy.
What if you could interact with any piece of software using natural language? Imagine typing in a prompt and having AI translate the instructions into machine-comprehensible commands, executing tasks on a PC or phone to accomplish the goal that you just described?
That’s the idea behind Rabbit, a rebranding of Cyber Manufacture Co., which is building a custom, AI-powered UI layer designed to sit between a user and any operating system.
🔗 You can join the waitlist for Rabbit here. When you’re there, be sure to watch the trailer.
My take: Want to make a lot of money in 2024 and beyond? Launch and scale a successful AI company ASAP. Cha-ching.
My take: Maybe this isn’t explicitly shared with people, but please do not give your social security number or bank account numbers to any AI tools.
My take: ChatGPT on the iPhone is incredible, and Copilot is also an excellent tool that you will love using on your phone. Of course, all this is just holding us over until Apple turns Siri into a usable thing.
My take: Imagine a world where every selfie you post gives AI your exact location in real-time. Surprise, we are already here.
My take: This is cool, but I need a smart fridge that will shame me for checking for snacks for the tenth time in a day.
🇯🇵 Learn a new language with ChatGPT
Learning a new language is difficult, especially at my age (37). I have been using Duo Lingo (and I love it), but I wanted to get some more help from my friend ChatGPT.
You are from Japan and speak fluent English. I need your help training me to learn the basics of Japanese. Put together a plan for me to learn just the basics—enough to be able to order food and get directions for a trip to Japan this year.
The response was immediate and extremely helpful. This will guide me to continue to learn the language and more about the culture before my trip in April.
Do you plan to learn a new language this year? This is a GREAT place to start.
PS: If you’re using Duo Lingo for something, you can add me here.
💯 My tips for having an amazing 2024.
I had an excellent 2023, and I want to share some of the things I did that made it great. Please add to the list in the comments of this post!
1. Invest more. Find new things to invest in. I invested in real estate (wow, people aren't lying; it really works) and in awesome companies like beehiiv (they are crushing it).
2. Walk way more than you do now. Thankfully, my dogs keep me going 2-3 miles daily, but I still take other calls and one-on-ones while walking. I feel 10x more engaged on a walk than sitting at a desk.
3. Invest in a good mattress. My wife and I bought the most fantastic mattress this year, and I seriously felt a shift in my life and mental state overnight. Just spend the money. You spend ~25% of your life sleeping, right?
4. Eat the frog! Eating the frog means doing the most challenging thing on your daily to-do list. I promise you that carrying mental weight is much harder than anything on your to-do list. Just get it done and move on.
5. Create a passion project outside of work. I started a beehiiv newsletter about AI this year and have had so much fun growing it to nearly 7,000 subscribers!
6. Learn to be comfortable showcasing your work. Be proud on social media and at your workplace—celebrate wins loudly. Be sure to celebrate other people's wins, too.
7. Take better notes and ask better questions. Don't hesitate to follow up or ask if you do not understand something. Take outstanding notes in the moment because it's a lifesaver for busy people.
8. Build a system that works for you. Don't use someone else's system—everyone is different. I use Apple Notes, Reminders, and Calendar to keep me on top of a million daily things.
9. Go to the dentist more. As weird as it sounds, I started getting professional teeth cleanings four times a year and have never felt better. Even as an OCD brusher and flosser 3-4 times daily, professional cleanings are worth the splurge.
10. Find time to be creative. I am a photographer, have an AI newsletter, design stuff for work, and write a lot. None of these things have anything to do with my career, but they bring me so much joy.
11. Travel more! I traveled 21,085 miles in 2023 and experienced new countries and cities. In 2024, I plan to blow away this year's travel numbers. I want to see more of the world.
12. Become and stay an expert. I spend at least an hour a day learning my craft. I take courses, read 10+ marketing and automation websites religiously, and go to webinars to be a top marketer in my field. Nothing is stopping you from doing this, too.
Bonus tip: Get a bunch of dogs—as many as you can handle. Dogs are the best beings on Earth and deserve all our love and attention.