- Bagel Bots
- How To Create Product Descriptions With ChatGPT
How To Create Product Descriptions With ChatGPT
Writing product descriptions is really difficult, and many deal with writer’s block when doing it.
Want to connect with me beyond Bagel Bots? You can also connect with me directly on Twitter, LinkedIn, Threads, and Instagram. If you’re new here, you can read past posts and subscribe to Bagel Bots to get caught up.
We have a LinkedIn group to discuss AI; please join and participate in the fun!
💰 If you’re looking for investors or advisors for your AI product. I’m interested.
My take: Calling it now—2024 is the year we use AI and tech to shop online and be more accurate to ensure things fit us perfectly.
My take: This is scary, right? Let’s say you are a fantastic voice actor, and AI creates a voice that is just like yours but just a little bit off so they can replace you. Yikes.
My take: Many companies are working hard on humanoid robots for the home. People, our Jetsons dreams are coming to life. Very exciting.
My take: I have seen enough episodes of Law & Order and CSI to know this is a big deal.
My take: If you could know, would you want to know? “An AI model fed data on Denmark’s residents was able to accurately predict who would die within four years 79% of the time.”
Today’s Tip: Product Descriptions With ChatGPT
Writing product descriptions is really difficult, and many deal with writer’s block when doing it. Today, I will teach you how to simplify it with ChatGPT. Everything you need is below.
First, we’ll have to give extreme detail to ChatGPT to ensure we get great results. This is the information you’ll need to have ready:
1. Product Name and Category: Clearly state the name and category of the product. This helps in setting the context and focusing on industry-specific language.
2. Key Features: List the main features of the product that you want to highlight. These could be technical specifications, unique selling points, or any special attributes that make the product stand out.
3. Target Audience: Describe the target audience for the product. Knowing the intended customer helps in tailoring the language, tone, and focus of the description to appeal directly to that demographic.
4. Tone and Style: Specify the desired tone and style of the writing. Whether it's formal, casual, playful, or sophisticated, this will guide the mood of the description.
5. SEO Keywords: If you have specific keywords that need to be included for SEO purposes, list them. This ensures the product description is not only engaging but also optimized for search engines.
6. Length Requirements: Mention if there’s a specific word count or length limitation for the product description.
7. Any Necessary Compliance or Restrictions: Note if there are any industry-specific compliance requirements or restrictions (like not making certain claims).
8. Competitive Edge: If there are aspects of the product that give it a competitive edge in the market, mention these. This can include comparisons without directly naming competitors.
9. Emotional Appeal: Indicate if you want the description to evoke a certain emotion or feeling in the reader, such as excitement, trust, or curiosity.
10. Call to Action: If you want a call to action included at the end of the description, specify what it should be (e.g., "Order now", "Contact us for more information").
An example prompt:
Write a product description for 'AquaClear Water Filter', a home water filtration system. Key features include three-stage filtration, easy installation, and eco-friendly materials. Target audience: environmentally conscious homeowners. The tone should be informative and reassuring, with a touch of sophistication. Include SEO keywords: 'eco-friendly water filter', 'clean drinking water at home', 'easy-install filtration system'. The description should be about 150 words, emphasize its efficiency compared to other market options, and end with a call to action encouraging the reader to make a purchase for a healthier home.
And just like that, you’ll get an incredible product description to tighten up, mold, and use for your website and other online avenues. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post?